The Art of Inspiring Referrals
No one told me it would be this hard!
It's a tough gig being a health professional in this country. We spend all that time at university, attract a large HECS bill only to graduate and have to work under some of the most restrictive regulatory guidelines in the world.
We need a steady stream of qualified new patients to survive. So we start asking some of the typical questions.
- If we advertise we risk fines, but if we don't advertise how can we make ends meet?
- How am I going to pay my staff?
- My registration?
- My Insurance?
- How am I going to get my CPD?
- Why don't people simply refer their family and friends to me?
- Are they not happy with my care?
- Am I doing something wrong? Why don't they "get it?"
- What if they are HAPPY with their care but DON'T KNOW that they should be referring to others?
- They may WANT to do it but they just don't know HOW to do it?
- Perhaps they think that you are too busy?
- Possibly they don't want to refer others if it means that they get less access to you?
- Maybe they want to but they just need to know what it is that they should be saying or offering?
What if you could turn this around?
- How would it feel never to worry about attracting new patients ever again?
- Imagine having a waiting list practice where people have to wait a few weeks to get to see you and they're happy to do so.
- Imagine a steady stream of new patients who have realistic expectations, trust you and want to follow your direction and also refer others themselves?
- Imagine the long term relationships you could make with patients by not having to worry about paying your bills?
- How would you feel if you knew whatever care plan you were to recommend to a patient they would follow?
- What if you were getting paid twice or triple as much with less overheads?
- What would it mean to have these referred patients happy to travel hours to seek your services?
- How would you feel if your patients respected you as a trusted health professional?
- How relieved would you feel if you never again had to risk your licence in advertising for new patients?
- How refreshing would it be to be able to focus on the care of the patient rather than the running of the business?
The Art of Inspiring Referrals workshop is back!
In this workshop you will;
- Learn the truth about why people aren't referring to you and what you can do about it.
- Master the art of appearing like a guru without having to be one.
- Gain an understanding of the key aspects of the psychology of influence that relate to inspiring referrals from your patients WITHOUT YOU EVER ASKING THEM.
- Become competent in identifying 'Referral Mavens' (natural referrers/influencers) and leverage them to become your strongest advocates
- Pick up how to teach people who have not yet referred to do so- all without them knowing
- Become competent in identifying the various patient avatars and what works best for getting them to refer others
- Become an expert in making sure you are seen as THE EXPERT in the eyes of your patients
- Learn the strategies involved for you to be invited to do talks/screenings rather than asking for them!
- Understand how advertising is directly killing your referrals and what you can do about it if you are new to the area.
- Master the skills in attracting qualified new patients. People who WANT your care, who FOLLOW your direction, are happy to PAY for your services and of course, TELL everyone else about you!
- Acquire the skills required to increase your patient compliance, and decrease missed appointments and dropouts.
- Learn how getting your patients to advocate for you, directly affects your earning capacity and you don't have to be 'special'
- Find ways to be more satisfied in practice by positively impacting your community.
- Comprehend how to easily create a referral stimulating environment in your own practice
- Master how to recognise a referral and correctly action it
- Learn how to empower your support staff to become 'Referral Beasts'
About Dr Craig Foote
Craig is a chiropractor with over 24 years experience. He has one of the most successful practices in Perth Western Australia, attracting Patients from all over the state. He is a co-founder of the Nervana Chiropractic Group. He is the founder and coach of Chiropractic Flight School - a coaching service for chiropractors. He is the immediate Past President of the Australian Spinal Research Foundation and has won awards in both business and philanthropic achievements. He has been a chiropractor to The Wiggles since 2002.